Through the trade mission participants will gain invaluable insight into all aspects of the retail landscape in the UAE and have the opportunity to join a UK delegation to the Retail Summit 2022.
Delegates will access a tailored programme of activities providing key market information direct from local experts, while building significant business relationships with local partners leading to concrete commercial outcomes.
Leveraging the expertise, knowledge, and networks of DIT, the Mission programme will cover:
• Retail Summit: Full access ticket, with opportunities to connect with and learn from global retail executives/companies, and engage with international buyers in DIT’s exclusive business lounge
• Routes to market: Meet key regional ecommerce platforms and retailers, to plan your omnichannel market-entry strategy
• Structuring your UAE business: Learn about operating and licensing in the UAE
• Brand and marketing strategies for a Middle Eastern audience
• Local regulatory requirements for specific products
• VAT requirements for ecommerce (owned channels, marketplaces)
• Working with influencers and using PR to build brand awareness
• Protecting your IP: Registering your logo or trademark
• Consumer Insight: Local market insights and trends
• Cultural knowledge and nuances of Emirati business culture
• Networking with peers and entrepreneurs, including at dedicated events for female business leaders
• Visit to Dubai Commercity – the ecommerce free trade zone
• Guided tour of Dubai shopping mall
• Optional extras: Visit to Expo 2020 Dubai, and DIT Business Development event in partnership with Vogue Business
If you are interested in attending please register your interest by the 20th December here. If you have any questions about the opportunity please contact Charlotte Keesing, Director, Public Affairs, Walpole.